If I had to think of one of my most requested recipes, this would be it. And really, no bake energy bites are one of my favorite things to make because they take literally no time at all. I just love these little guys! They are my #1 go to snack when you need to grab something quick and easy. And they are always gone within a few days.
No refined sugar and lots of good for you oats make these a snack you’re happy to give your kids. My daughter. Y’all she is obsessed with these no bake energy bites! She will eat two at a time. And I have caught her (on more than one occasion) sneaking some out of the fridge! I can’t say that I blame her though. They are so darn tasty!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed (flax meal)
- 1/3 cup agave syrup (you can sub honey or maple syrup)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can sub dried cranberries or blueberries)
- Stir all ingredients together, except chocolate chips. Make sure mixture is well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1-1 1/2" balls.
- Store in air tight container in fridge up to a week.
Mmmmm. These little things are so stinking good! I usually use dark chocolate chips because who doesn’t love chocolate, but will sometimes sub for dried cranberries. Or sometimes if I’m feeling crazy I’ll do both. Although my hubby requests them with no add-ins. He really needs to start living a little!
Update: I’ve started substituting half the peanut butter for PBFit and they still taste amazing. I wouldn’t recommend substituting all the peanut butter because it helps the bites stick together, but the PBFit helps cut some of the calories.
Our family eats these nearly every day. They make a great afternoon snack or a grab and go snack when you’re on your way out the door.
Do you have a favorite go to snack? I’m thinking about trying my hand at some protein energy bites soon. I’ll let you know how they turn out!