I’ve mentioned before that Huebie travels a lot. Well if you’re new here and you didn’t know, my hubby travels a lot. So when he’s gone, Little A and I like to bake (which is also part of the reason I work out so much).
This last trip he went on she requested we make pink cupcakes. Who am I to deprive a girl of some delicious pink cupcakes?
This was a spur of the moment recipe, so I apologize that my frosting isn’t piped on perfectly, but it still tasted amazing.
These vanilla cupcakes are the perfect recipe for your basic vanilla cake or cupcake. You could use it as the base for adding in chocolate chips, blueberries or sprinkles for a funfetti type cake. The possibilities are endless. Well….ok maybe not endless. But there are a lot of things you could add to the batter to change things up a bit.
* 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup milk
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
* In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until smooth.
* Add eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
* Mix in vanilla.
* In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
* Add flour mixture to egg mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk.
* Mix until smooth.
* Divide evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full.
* Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
* Let cool in pan about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 3-4 cups powdered sugar
* 2-3 tablespoons milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* red food coloring
* In a medium bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth.
* Gradually add in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Beat well to combine.
* Add 1 tablespoon of milk and the vanilla.
* Add 1 more cup of powdered sugar and if needed 1 tablespoon milk until desired consistency is reached.
* Add a few drops of food coloring and mix until desired color is reached.