This may be my new favorite cold weather recipe. I’ve really given my Crock Pots some love this winter season. It makes meal planning a breeze. The ingredients for this Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup are simple, it’s easy to make (hello, Crock Pot!) and it tastes divine.
This is one of those recipes that I could make week after week and rarely get tired of it. Especially now that the weather is cold; I always want something warm and comforting to eat at the end of a long day.
The ingredients are fairly healthy, which makes this an almost guiltless meal. I can never have just one bowl. It’s so good I always end up going back for seconds.
Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 bag 19 oz frozen cheese tortellin
- 1 lb ground chicken sausage
- 2 large handfulls spinach or 1 small bag
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- Brown chicken sausage in a skillet. Crumble as you cook.
- Add to Crock Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring every few hours.
One plus about this recipe is that my picky daughter even likes it! I swear the girl could live off of peanut butter and honey sandwiches for the rest of her life. Luckily, I’m able to get her some protein and veggies with this meal. That’s a win/win in my book!
If you’re looking to try something easy and delicious on those cold nights, grab this recipe and give it a go. I promise it will be a new family favorite.