10 dirty little secrets you may not know about the woman behind A Fit Mom’s Life.
My friend Paige did a post like this on Monday. And because I haven’t been feeling motivated to write this week, I thought I’d do something fun to try to bring me out of the funk I’ve been in.
Here are 10 little facts about me that some of you may not know.
1) I chew on my nails…..still. Ugh. I just cannot break this habit y’all. I go through phases with it. When I’m stressed out or overly tired is when it happens most often. Sometimes when I’m thinking really hard as well. When I’m pregnant, I never do it. My nails are glorious and I get manicures all the time. The one plus about pregnancy for me, haha!
2) I sucked my thumb until I was 7. Here’s how it went down. I didn’t start sucking my thumb until I was like 6 I think. I don’t know why I started. Luckily, it was short lived and I never had to get braces.
3) My first job was as a hostess at a Mexican restaurant. I loved it. The people were amazing and I got to try almost everything on the menu. Thank goodness I was active in high school because I would have gained 20 pounds working there.
4) I got in 4 accidents in my first car. One of them was the day I got my new car (a girl side swiped me in the high school parking lot). I rear ended two people (surprised they didn’t total the car the last time). And I hit a dear in the middle of nowhere my senior year. The thing jumped out right in front of the car in the middle of the night. I was lucky it didn’t come through the windshield. I swear that car was a death trap and after my last accident I sold the car immediately. Fortunately I’ve had better luck since then.
5) I, like Paige, totally judge what people have in their carts at the grocery store. If it’s obvious this is a big shopping trip for you, and you don’t have a single vegetable in there, I’m judging you harshly.
6) I currently have the same hair cut I had all through high school. And by haircut I mean no cut. My hair was this long, or longer, all through high school. The first time I really cut my hair was my freshman year of college. I don’t really “do” my hair, so having a style that requires maintenance isn’t for me. And I also have to be able to put it high on my head in a messy bun.
I took a poll in my Instagram stories the other day about whether I should cut my hair. At first people were saying no, don’t cut it, but eventually the majority said I should go shorter. It was a close race though. Maybe I’ll get it cut soon……
7) About once a month I consider quitting blogging. For the last year this has been a recurring thought. I have struggled to balance taking care of my kids and my home, my marriage, and my businesses. “Me time” doesn’t exist in my world. My “me time” is spent working, or at the gym. I continue to blog because I want to help people and I enjoy doing it, but I struggle to make time for it every day. I don’t have help at home and I do not know how people with 4+ kids and no help do it. Being a SAH/WAH mom has been the hardest job I’ve ever had.
8) And in line with the last one, I’m considering going back to work. I love my kids so so much. And I feel so lucky that I get to be home with them. But they are very, very draining. My kids are extremely high maintenance. My daughter struggles with her temper daily, and her and I argue often (which breaks my heart). And my son has started to act out more and more, as he is seeing how his sister behaves. Rarely a day goes by that they don’t fight or bicker for the majority of it. By the end of every day I’m praying for bedtime to come. Kellen and I often say “It shouldn’t be this hard.” And I hate feeling like this! I want to enjoy my children whenever I’m with them, but I don’t. So I’m considering going back to work so that I can have a break and take care of me (funny that going to work would give me a break). Still just considering though, nothing is for sure, because the thought of going back to work also sounds terrible.
9) I love vampire shows. Vampire Diaries, The Originals (A Vampire Diaries spin-off) Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Love them all. I don’t know what it is, but I could watch them for hours. And anything written by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly, Dollhouse, love them).
10) If I miss a workout, I get severe anxiety. Exercise is my stress reliever, and if I could I would go to the gym every day. Last year I suffered some adrenal fatigue from over-exercising. It lasted about 3 months, so I’ve had to cut down how often I workout. Right now I’m going 4 days a week consistently. Some weeks I’ll go 5 days and do cardio one of those days. But I can’t do that every week because I notice I get overly exhausted those weeks.
There you have it! 10 deep dark secrets about me. We will be back to our regularly scheduled program next week. Enjoy your weekend!