We do a lot of burritos at our house. #1 becuase they’re easy and #2 because they are delicious. I could probably eat burritos about 4 times a week and never get tired of them. Anything in a tortilla makes me happy. So in order to keep it the calories down, we created a healthy skillet-style burrito.
* You’ll need 2 skillets for this.
* Whole grain or whole wheat tortillas
* Roasted chicken, cubed or shredded (you can buy a whole roasted chicken at the grocery store, you know the ones I’m talking about)
* Mexican style cheese
* Black beans, drained and rinsed
* Quinoa (optional)
* It’s pretty simple, just add all of your ingredients to the tortilla, minus the avocado.
* Roll it into a burrito, sides in.
I kid you not. That is exactly how we do it. Now if you have one of those presses that would work as well, but we don’t, so we improvise.
* Press down on the top skillet to flatten the burrito a bit.
* Let cook on one side approximately 3-5 minutes, or until it starts to brown, then flip and repeat.
* Top with more salsa and avocado and enjoy!
Enjoy your yummy burritos!