We do a lot of burritos at our house. #1 becuase they’re easy and #2 because they are delicious. I could probably eat burritos about 4 times a week and never get tired of them. Anything in a tortilla makes me happy. So in order to keep it the calories down, we created a healthy skillet-style burrito.
* You’ll need 2 skillets for this.
* Whole grain or whole wheat tortillas
* Roasted chicken, cubed or shredded (you can buy a whole roasted chicken at the grocery store, you know the ones I’m talking about)
* Mexican style cheese
* Black beans, drained and rinsed
* Quinoa (optional)
* It’s pretty simple, just add all of your ingredients to the tortilla, minus the avocado.
* Roll it into a burrito, sides in.
I kid you not. That is exactly how we do it. Now if you have one of those presses that would work as well, but we don’t, so we improvise.
* Press down on the top skillet to flatten the burrito a bit.
* Let cook on one side approximately 3-5 minutes, or until it starts to brown, then flip and repeat.
* Top with more salsa and avocado and enjoy!
Enjoy your yummy burritos!
Hey! Found you through the Melomomma blog hop. Thanks for the recipe. Have to admit I’m not huge on tex mex usually (because I’m trying to watch the weight) – but this looks doable and healthy – AND like something my kids might eat 🙂 Thx!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy them!
Hi!! Love it! What a great idea to press the burrito down with another skillet! Thanks for sharing at Thank You Honey’s Whatever Wednesday Party! Hope to see you at this weeks party!!