I kid you not you guys. He commented probably 5 or 6 times over the weekend about how good these muffins are and how they are by far is favorite muffins I’ve ever made. EVER. That’s saying a lot because I make a lot of muffins. They are a staple in our house.
These muffins are loaded with yummy goodness and are so filling, but not heavy. Even though Little A isn’t as picky of an eater anymore, I still like to have muffins on hand as a quick grab and go snack that’s somewhat healthy.
* Makes 1 dozen muffins.
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 3 tablespoons chia seed
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* 1/2 cup coconut flakes
* 1 apple, peeled and shredded (UPDATE: You can also cut the apple into small chunks. I made them again tonight, yes that’s twice in one week, and they were so good with the chunks).
* 2 cups shredded carrots
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you have a convection oven turn it on to 350 degrees.
* In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla. Set aside.
* In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, chia seed and salt.
* Add in raisins, cranberries, walnuts/pecans and coconut. Stir to combine.
* Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
* Distribute mixture evenly among 12 lined muffin cups. This should fill each cup to the top.
* Bake for approximately 25 minutes in a convection oven, 30-35 minutes in a standard oven, or until toothpick comes out clean.
* Allow to cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
The crust comes out with just this perfect crunch. I think I maybe (or maybe not maybe…..) ate 2 in one sitting right after they were cool enough to handle.
I could eat these every day they are so good. And I love that you can see what’s in them. Lots of good stuff in there.
Tiffany, these sound and look fabulous… and healthy too! When the hubby rants and raves about something, you know it’s good right?! Pinning this! (Great pinnable photos by the way)! Thanks for sharing!
I hope you’re having a lovely day.
Pinning!!! You had me with just the title, hahaha! Oh man, those look SO good! I love all the stuff that’s in them, totally making these! Watch out for them on my Instagram again LOL, I feel like everytime you post a new recipe, I’m going to be making it and taking pictures of myself devouring it, haha!
Well, that’s quite a compliment! I love things with nutty goodness like this. YUM!
This look amazing! I’m pinning the recipe now so I can make them later! Thanks for the recipe, Tiffany!
Thanks for sharing this recipe. They sound absolutely fabulous! I think I’m going to make some. I like making extra baked goods and freezing them too. Then you can just pull them out the night before you want some and no baking required. 😉
I love freezing muffins as well! They keep for a long time so I like to make them in batches. I’m sure your kiddos will love them too.