I was a little worried about this recipe when I made it. Peanut butter and oatmeal AND chocolate chips seemed like a lot for one cookie. But they are actually pretty darn amazing. They’re chewy and gooey, with just a hint of peanut butter. I know a lot of folks don’t like oatmeal cookies, but you honestly can’t even tell there is oatmeal in them.
* 1 cup salted butter, softened
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup oats
* 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Recipe adapted from You Made That?
* In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and peanut butter until smooth.
* Add in both sugars and beat until smooth.
* Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla, and mix until combined.
* In a separate bowl, mix together both flours, oats, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
* Add the dry ingredients in small batches to the wet ingredients until combined. I ended up with 3 batches.
* Fold in chocolate chips.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Place rounded tablespoons on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
* Bake for 12-13 minutes. Don’t over bake or they will come out too crunchy.
* Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
(I really need to cook earlier in the day so I can get better light for my photos.)