This paleo chocolate chip banana bread is gluten-free, dairy free and guilt free if you ask me!
Do you ever find a recipe that after the first time you make it, you’re already planning when you’ll make it again? That was this recipe from the moment I had my first bite. And I’ve been making this same paleo chocolate chip banana bread recipe for a few years now. It’s one of my girlfriend’s favorite recipes ever. I make it for her every now and then and she gets so giddy when I bring a loaf over.
She’s going through a rough time, so I recently made her a loaf because I knew it would cheer her up. And to be honest, it cheers me up too!
I love how flavorful this paleo banana bread is. It makes a great snack or dessert, and the kids gobble it up every time I make it!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Coconut flour is one of my favorite flours to bake with. It’s slightly sweet, smooth (unlike almond flour which is more grainy), and blends so well.
You don’t need nearly as much coconut flour as you do regular flour when baking. Coconut flour is very absorbent. Most recipes usually call for a 1/2 cup coconut flour to 1 cup regular flour if you want to substitute, but I say find a recipe that already calls for the flour you need. It makes life so much easier!
I used an 8″x4″ loaf pan, but a 9″x5″ pan will work as well.
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix mashed bananas, almond butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs and mix until combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until just combined, making sure not to overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Grease a loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
- Add batter to loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
I make this paleo chocolate chip banana bread every few months when I need a sweet treat. If you’re looking for a gluten free, paleo alternative to traditional banana bread, this recipe is the one.
Let me know if you make this paleo chocolate chip banana bread. I’d love to hear how it turned out for you!