I didn’t discover my love for zucchini bread until probably 3 years ago. And I have experimented with multiple recipes during those 3 years. But this is by far my favorite. It’s crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. It’s delicious. It’s not the healthiest (sugar & oil, yikes!), but it tastes amazing.
* Adapted from The Joy of Cooking.
* 2 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 eggs
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups grated zucchini
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Prep bread pan with cooking spray and a light dusting of flour.
* In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
* In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer (with paddle attachment), beat eggs until foamy.
* Gradually add in sugar and beat until mixture is thick and gets lighter in color.
* Slowly mix in oil, then vanilla.
* On low speed, add in flour mixture in 3 additions.
* Fold in zucchini.
* Spread mixture into prepared bread pan.
* Bake approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
* Cool 5 minutes in pan on wire rack.
* Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
I think I’m going to experiment with a healthier version of this recipe to see how that compares. I really love breads, so anything I can do to make them tasty AND healthy is a win-win in my book.