You guys. I cannot say enough good things about this recipe. It is so delicious, so simple, so amazing. I love finding recipes that are not only easy to make but just make you feel so good. This is definitely a feel good recipe. It has a cup of sour cream, but I use the light version quite a bit to cut down on the calories. So overall it’s really not too bad health wise; although flour tortillas aren’t always our friend. But I say it’s okay to splurge every once in a while, don’t you agree?
Enchiladas are like my Mexican food love language. Besides fajitas. Do you ever just have that one go to item that you always get at a restaurant? Enchiladas are definitely mine.
I got the original recipe from Joyful Momma’s Kitchen, but have adapted it a bit.
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 to rtilla shells
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded (we use a rotisserie chicken often)
- 2 heaping cups shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 4 oz can mild diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13 pan.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Place mixture into each tortilla shell and roll up. Place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and whisk over medium heat until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil; you don't want the sour cream to curdle.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese (I always add a little extra).
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until cheese just starts to brown.