I’ve been really getting into the holiday baking spirit this season, but I don’t have a lot of time these days to do anything super fancy. I was wanting something yummy and festive to take to Chelan with us a few weeks ago, and these peppermint chocolate chip cookies were born!
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup chocolate chips
* Candy canes
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* In a small bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
* In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
* Add egg and vanilla, and mix well.
* Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
* Add chocolate chips.
* Crush up the candy canes until the pieces are just small enough. Don’t over crush or they will become dust (I had this happen multiple times).
* Add the crushed candy canes to the cookie dough until you’ve added as much as you’d like. I think I used around 10 mini candy canes for this part, but if you want a more minty flavor use more. Don’t over mix.
* Drop tablespoon sized balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
* Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies just start to brown around the edges.
* Let cool on the cookie sheet 3-5 minutes.
* Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
You get just a hint of mint, which I love. And I thought they actually tasted better the second day, but if you use the recipe above I bet they’ll taste awesome right away.