I’ve been asked a few times recently to blog about some of the at home workouts we do. Well, your wish is my command my friends!
This is the workout we did on Sunday:
5 stations, 45 seconds per station with a 15 second break to transition between stations, 5 times through of the following exercises:
* TRX Squat and row
* Kettlebell overhead squat and press
* Push ups
* Dumbbell forward lunges w/bicep curls
* Cross-body mountain climbers
Station 1: TRX squat and row
* Move your feet closer in for more of a challenge.
* Keep your toes off the ground, not flat on the floor like in the above photo.
Station 2: Kettlebell overhead squat and press
* Don’t let your knees come over your toes when you squat down. Really use your momentum to help lift the kettlebell up.
* You could also use dumbbells for this if you don’t have kettlebells.
Station 3: Push ups
* Keep your elbows close to your sides.
* 2 modifications for you:
– Modified knee push up: Go down on your toes, press up on your knees.
– On knees: Drop on your knees and do push ups, keeping your elbows to your sides.
Station 4: Dumbbell forward lunges w/ bicep curls
* Modification: If forward lunges become difficult, you can regress to reverse lunges.
– If reverse lunges become too difficult you can regress to static lunges.
* Keep your core tight the whole time.
Station 5: Cross-body mountain climbers
* Do these slow, holding your knee for 1-2 seconds per side.
* Really squeeze your bum and hold your core tight.
I also did a few weighted bridges when I was done, holding a dumbbell on my lower abs and bridging for 1 minutes, 3 times.
* We don’t have plates so I used a dumbbell.
* Hold you bum and core tight and really drive your hips up.
I created a graphic to pin for easy reference:
If there are any specific exercises you’d like me to incorporate into a workout let me know. I really enjoy creating new workout plans.
I can’t do the TRX squat and row (could you advise a substitute – would a plain old squat do)? I can do everything else though!
You go girl! Thanks!
Wishing you a lovely day.
So I’d break it into 2 exercises. 1) do bent over rows, back flat, core tight and 2) squats, again core tight and squeeze your bum at the top.
Thanks Jennifer! I really am enjoying coming up with new workouts.
Have a happy Wednesday!
We’ve been doing a lot more at home too!! Love reading your tips and workouts!!
Looking forward to your home gym posts. I work out at home and love getting more ideas for getting some variety in what I do!