These pumpkin apple streusel muffins are mouth watering and make the perfect breakfast, or afternoon snack. Grab one as you walk out the door for a quick snack!
You read that right! I’m finally back with another muffin recipe for you! It has been quite some time since I posted my raspberry chocolate chip muffin recipe. During the first part of my pregnancy I was not feeling like baking, so the muffin series went by the wayside. But I’m excited to be baking on a consistent basis again and have been looking forward to trying some new recipes.
The last 2 muffin recipes I tried were a flop. And I was super bummed. But thankfully pumpkin came through for me, like it always does in baking. These muffins are definitely more of a fall inspired muffin, but they are just so delicious it will be hard not to enjoy them year round.
I’ll admit, these aren’t the most beautiful muffins when they come out of the oven. But the apples with the pumpkin and cinnamon just make the house smell amazing and they taste so much better than they look. I love apples, and the apple chunks just make my heart sing. I made sure to include enough diced apples that no muffins get left out of the apple-y goodness.
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
For the muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice can sub water if you don't have apple juice
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples I like to use Fuji
For the streusel
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins, or use muffin liners.
For the muffins
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large bowl, add sugars, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice and mix until just combined.
- Add flour mix to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in diced apples.
- Fill each muffin liner almost to the top. This will give you the bakery style tops we all love.
For the streusel
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients, then use your fingers or a fork to mix until tiny crumbs are formed.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a generous amount of streusel topping.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove muffins to wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are best served fresh from the oven, but can be stored for up to 5 days.
I may have eaten 2 of these pumpkin apple streusel muffins right out of the oven. They were just that good! And I also may have finished my daughter’s muffin when she was full. Supposedly. But I’ll never to admit to it in court. Or to the hubs. And let’s just be honest, he ate two when he got home from work as well. We can’t help that we love muffins! Don’t you?!
YAY! I love your muffin recipes!
I haven’t had pumpkin since the fall – so this is super appealing to me right now. I’ll have to give it a try – pumpkin and apple sound like an interesting combo.
Make sure to make and freeze extra weekly muffins for when you have that baby! I swear I lived off of freezer goodies for the first 2 months after having my second baby – it was such a life-saver!
Thanks for sharing.
These look great, Tiffany! I need to be better about baking more, or at least let the kids in the kitchen to try out all of these fun recipes for me. I’m a good taste tester. 😉
Not a pumpkin fan, BUT these look sooo good and I love apple streusel, so this might be a combo worth trying even with the pumpkin.
These look absolutely delicious!!
These sound delicious to me! I’m so impressed that you experiment enough that you even have flops. That means you are much more dedicated than me! 🙂