I used to be so unhappy, but life is just to damn short to be miserable all the time. There are so many things that make me happy that I just had to share a few of them.
I think my unhappiness stemmed from who I surrounded myself with, but I was always focused on the negative. I hate that about my past but it is what it is and it’s had a huge impact on my life and how I view things now. Since meeting my husband, I’ve become a much happier person. I smile more, I laugh more and I overall enjoy life more. K is one of the happiest people I’ve ever met. Not much can bring that man down, and though sometimes I want to strangle him because he’s so damn happy all the time, his happiness is contagious and he makes everyone around him happy as well. That’s a lot of happiness!
When I started my gratitude journal last year, I became more aware of what brought joy to my life. And I became more thankful for the things in my life that brought me happiness and fulfillment. There’s so much in the world to be happy and thankful for; wasting time focusing on the gossip and the negativity and being stuck in the past is pointless. You’re just wasting your life in my opinion.
So I thought it would be fun to document some of the things that make me happy.
- My husband. He’s my heart and soul and I love him more and more every single day.
- My kids. My daughter is a spitfire and keeps us on our toes, and baby boy is the sweetest, easiest baby. I am truly blessed.
- My mom and dad. Although my mom and I have our moments, she is my go to for most things in life. And my dad is just my dad. He’s the best.
- The rest of my family. They rock!
- Snow. Obvi.
- Laughing until I can’t breathe.
- A good cup of coffee.
- Exercise, including sweating a lot.
- My best girlfriends.
- Essential oils
- A good ol’ TV binge session.
- My blogging tribes.
- Looking back at old photos and watching old family movies.
- Date nights with my hubby.
- Road trips
- New running shoes.
- My kiddos’ laughs.
- Sitting around the campfire shootin’ the shit.
- Watching the sunset from the top of Mt. Si (local mountain we hike often) while drinking wine.
- Taking Little A to the park.
- Movie nights with the family.
- Watching Little A dance and use her imagination to make up her own moves.
- Listening to my husband tell me about the latest personal development book he’s read.
- Teaching Little A how to cook and bake.
- Cuddling with my kiddos, and my hubby.
- Sunday afternoon drives.
- Filling out forms (seriously).
- Brainstorming business ideas with the hubs.
- Snail mail
- Shopping for home decor.
- Shopping for Little A.
- Talking to my best friend on the phone for hours.
- Helping other people find their inspiration and what motivates them.
- Long walks with the family.
- Laying by the pool watching K and Little A play.
- Learning and growing my knowledge.
- Quiet time
Phew! I’m going to stop there but I could go on and on about things that make me happy. I love that I have so much to be thankful for and so many things that make me happy.
If you’re ever feeling down just think about the things that make you happy and it will turn your day around. It worked for me!
Have a great day love bugs!
I LOVE THIS LIST!. Also, I think you forgot to include it, but I’ll just include it here:
51. Tipsy snaps from Supal.
Ditto what Supal said… HAHAHA!
I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. You’ve got to choose happy! I’m working to be happier day-to-day. I think a lot of it is a choice.
I love your list. And I love, that you love filling out forms. Haha!
Love this list; so therapeutic to write things down like this and see them visibly in front of you! I couldn’t help but nod in agreement with so many of them…. but snow! Ha, I had to laugh at that one since I am the total opposite! My gratitude journalling has also help me in so many ways, glad you shared!
We own a snow sled business and are avid skiers so snow is a big part of our lives.
Yes to gratitude journaling! So good for the soul!
K is pretty darn happy! So many fun things 🙂 Date nights sure make me happy lately too!
And yes to what Jenny said about filling out forms! Me too. This is why I do taxes 🙂 You should too :-p
What a fun list! I too LOVE snail mail!
I remember when people used to dislike getting mail. Funny how things change.
We should all make a list like this from time to time!
I agree Emma! I think there would be fewer unhappy people in the world.
I love this concept! It’s really easy to get swept away in negativity, comparison and all the other joy-robbers of the world. Taking a step back and remembering what there is to be happy about is essential!
This is such a lovely post! A nice reminder that happiness is in the little things. Now I want to write my list. Have a happy weekend! #shinebloghop
I love your list of things that make you happy. I think it’s a good practice to reflect on our joys and if we’re feeling glum, get out that list and create some joy!
Thanks for sharing!
Lovely post and great list. Gratitude takes me to a Happy place. Nancy A.