I mentioned in my day in my life post a few weeks ago that Huebie brought home Clean Eating magazine for me. And let me tell ya, it has changed our lives. Literally. Changed them. For the better. We have made so many recipes out of that magazine, modified a few to suit our taste buds, and loved them all.
All the wonderful things we’ve tried have inspired me to start a new clean eating recipe series!
What is clean eating?
There are many different ways of interpreting clean eating, but basically it’s consuming food in its most natural state. Or as close to it as possible. Clean eating basically eliminates processed foods from your diet.
I hope to eventually do some clean eating meal plans (and by eventually I mean possibly. In the very distant future.), but for now I’m going to focus on some of my favorite recipes I’ve made that I (and Clean Eating magazine) consider part of a clean eating lifestyle.
Kale Egg Bake
Kale has been all the rage over the last few years. It took me a while to jump on the kale bandwagon, but once I learned how to cook it, I’ve really enjoyed having it as part of our diet. It’s packed with antioxidants and is a great source of vitamins A and K.
I have to give credit where it’s due. My hubby actually made these Sunday night for breakfast for the week. And they are so good!
Makes 4 ramekins
* Recipe from Clean Eating magazine
* 1 cup finely chopped fresh kale
* 4 large eggs
* 1 cup egg whites
* 4 tablespoons feta cheese
* 4 strips turkey bacon, crumbled separately
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Place 1/4 cup chopped kale in each ramekin.
* Crack 1 large egg and 1/4 cup egg white on top of the kale.
* Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
* Remove from oven and top each ramekin with 1 tablespoon feta and 1 strips worth of the crumbled bacon.
* Serve warm.
They are so easy to make and reheat during the week.
A quick, easy and healthy breakfast for you!