Do you have a lot of books like we do? We have a lot of books. A lot. A lot of sort of ugly, not what I want to put on display hardback books. So I decided to give my hand in covering a few with fabric.
* Spray Adhesive
* Newspaper (to protect the surface from the spray adhesive, that stuff goes everywhere!)
Once you do one, it only takes about 5 minutes to cover a book.
Here’s how I tackled this project:
* You’ll want to cut the fabric 1-2 inches larger than the book (remember, measure twice, cut once).
* Cut the corners at an angle so there is less excess fabric (I actually ended up cutting even more from the corners than this picture shows. You can cut pretty close to the corner of the book).
* Spray the adhesive on one side of the book. Fold the fabric over and pull it taut, making sure to press out any bubbles.
* Cut a strip of fabric where the spine is. You’ll only need a 1/2 inch or so of fabric at the spine so cut off some of the excess.
* Spray the other side of the book and fold the fabric over, pulling taut and smoothing out any bubbles.
* Spray the extra fabric and fold it over the inside cover of the book. See above picture. Make sure you smooth this down really well, especially in the corners.
* Use your scissors to press the fabric extra fabric at the spine down in between the fabric and the spine of the book.
And that’s it! Pretty easy don’t you think? You can have so much fun with this. I see lots of pretty fabric covered books in my future!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!