Happy hump day! I love short weeks that go by quickly and this is definitely one of those!
I have been on a baking hiatus for the last month, but now that our challenge is over I have this urge to bake as much as possible. So I always turn to #1: cookies, obviously. I love me a good chocolate chip cookie. I tried this new recipe for some healthy peanut butter and chocolate cookies, but they didn’t turn out that great, so I’ll be trying that recipe again soon. And #2: muffins. I love making muffins since the whole family can enjoy them. We don’t let baby A have cookies yet.
I didn’t have all the ingredients for some usual favorites, so I used what was available and I was pleasently surprised at how good they turned out! They are pretty darn tasty!
Oatmeal Banana Protein Muffins
* 2 1/2 cups oats
* 2 smashed bananas
* 1 cup vanilla almond milk
* 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
* 2 eggs
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
* Mix all the ingredients together, except chocolate chips, until well combined.
* Fold in chocolate chips until just combined.
* Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
* Fill with batter until almost full. These muffins won’t rise much.
* Bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes. (Note: If you decide to do mini muffins, bake for 13-15 min.)
* Let cool in muffin tin.
* Store in air tight container.
These are super yummy and healthy too!
You can also freeze these to eat at a later date. I made both regular size muffins and mini muffins to see how they turned out and you get so many mini muffins that I always freeze a few for later.